B

Home Politics Entertenment Lifestyle Sports Business Health Local World Tech

G




Tuesday 29 November 2011

White: Not running for NH Senate in 2012

CONCORD _ First-term state Sen. Ray White, R-Bedford, announced Monday he will not seek re-election in 2012, citing family and personal business considerations.


White was elected in 2010, succeeding long-time Sen. Sheila Roberge. In addition to Bedford, his district includes Merrimack, New Boston, Mount Vernon, Lyndeborough and Greenfield.


In a statement, White said, “During my term, I have put the interests of the voters of District 9 first on a daily basis, even ahead of my family and my business, and was willing to do so since the voters gave me the privilege and trust of serving them in the New Hampshire state Senate.”


He continued, “I served during what many have described as one of the most difficult periods ever, given the bleak budgetary and economic situation the state faced when I came into office, and I was willing to stand up and take responsibility for the very difficult and hotly-debated decisions that had to be made. I have strived to bring a high-level of energy and intensity around the pro-business and pro-family issues I campaigned on.


“However,” White said, “I cannot in good conscience make that same commitment for another term, as it would be unfair to my wife Emily and my sons, Randy and Justin, who have been greatly impacted by the commitment necessary, not to mention my business partners and customers, who also have been so gracious and understanding in my absence.”


White, of Bedford, announced Monday he will not be on the 2012 ballot. White said he will continue to work hard next year, but cannot make the same time commitment after that. White, a certified financial planner, said it would not be fair to his family and business to run for another term.


This year, White served as vice chairman of the Commerce Committee and was a member of the Executive Departments and Administration Committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment